Pages

Sunday, December 27, 2009

The last few weeks of pregnancy

Well I put Abbie on the floor for "tummy time" and she passed out so I guess it's a good time to update the old blog. I'm dedicating this post to the last few weeks of pregnancy. Last we left off, they had tried to externally turn Abbie out of the breech position but no such luck. So I decided a vaginal birth just wasn't meant to be. So on November 4th, we were given the date. Our stubborn little girl would enter the world on Monday, November 16th. Once I had that date, it seemed like those last 12 days took eternity. Each day I would count down, almost like the 12 days of Christmas but they were my 12 days of pregnancy...


12 more days until C Section
11 more days of swollen feet (well they were still swollen for a week post partum)
10 more days of a pinched sciatic nerve (little did I know it continued for 3 weeks post partum)
9 more days until I can see my toes again (boy, do I need a pedicure!!)
8 more days of waddling like a duck (a large duck at that)
7 more days of heartburn (at times I couldn't even drink water without the burn!!)
6 more days of feeling like my stomach can't expand anymore (have a few stretch marks now so I don't forget)
5 more days of frequent potty breaks (those have been replaced with diaper changes)
4 more days of feeling like this baby is going to fall out between my legs (oh, the pressure!!)
3 more days of window shade underwear (an inside joke between Meredith & I)
2 more days of ?? (I didn't have anything for this day b/c I about killed myself cleaning the house)
1 more day...this last one is a killer

How I spent what I called my last weekend of freedom. :)
Friday, November 13th: Last day at work before I go on 7 weeks of maternity leave. It seemed weird knowing that the next time I would enter that building, it would be with a baby in tow. I though going up the stairs pregnant was tough...carrying a car seat was just as hard. That night, Charlie & I casted my belly. Since I wasn't sure if I was ever going to go through another pregnancy, I wanted a souvenir of the last 9 months. Looking at it now, I'm in amazement that I was that big and appreciate almost having my pre pregnancy figure back.




Saturday, November 14th: I spent that day deep cleaning my house for my Mom's arrival. I now know why they created the mop. It's to be used by women in their last days of pregnancy. I realized this as I was on my hands and knees cleaning the floors. Remember above where I said that Abbie was going to fall out between my legs??

My mom arrived Saturday evening. We went to dinner at my favorite Mexican place and chilled at home for the evening. My mother would be staying for our for the next 2 weeks. I thought maybe it would be too long but it wasn't long enough. I wish she could have stayed longer. During the day, she washed my sheets and hung them on the line and did some other house cleaning that I missed. And at night she would stay at the hospital with me and wake up at night to help me out with the baby. I really don't know how I would have managed without her here. Thanks Mom!!


Sunday, November 15th: We hit Walmart to get some groceries for my Mom & Charlie while I was in the hospital. That evening, my neighbors threw a shower for me. We have lived in this house for 2 1/2 years and I really only talked to one of my neighbors. So it was nice to know the rest of the neighborhood. I also met the lady that would become Abbie's daycare provider. She had just moved here from Wichita and was obtaining her daycare license. Well her lease states that she could not run a business out of her home so she didn't get her license. But she was going to still watch a couple of kids. Which works well for me b/c there will be less kids which means less germs and Abbie will get more one on one time.


Going to bed that evening was tough. You know when you were a kid and you couldn't go to sleep b/c you had the first day of school the next morning. Well it felt like that. I laid in the chair (it had become my new resting place the last couple of weeks of pregnancy) and thought about come morning, how much my life was going to change forever.


Monday, November 16th...D DAY!! Mom, Charlie & I woke up at 4 am and were on the way to the hospital at 5 am for the scheduled C Section at 7 am. I was finally going to meet my baby girl!!

38 weeks





39 Weeks (night before C Section)

No comments:

Post a Comment