Anyway, here is an update on our family since my last blog. My maternity leave came to an end on January 3rd and I started back at work on January 4th. It was really hard parting with my baby girl. We had bonded so much over those 7 weeks and now just to hand her off to a stranger was tough. I cried the whole weekend prior and more on that Monday. But as the week progressed, it got easier. And as much as I love my daughter, I enjoy coming into work and socializing with other adults. I am now finishing out my 3rd week at work and Abbie's 3rd week at daycare. I believe she likes it there. She is usually sleeping when I drop her off so I just leave her in the car seat and give her a kiss on the cheek. Cynthia (the lady watching her) gives her tummy time throughout the day and she is really doing a lot better at holding her head up. She also has a 3 y/o son that plays with Abbie so my daughter is constantly getting attention throughout the day. I have continued to breastfeed and pump three times a day. It can get discouraging when I don't pump enough for a feeding but I have accepted that there are going to be times when my daughter will have to drink formula. So usually she has 2 bottles of breast milk and a bottle of formula while at daycare. Breastfeeding has been tough on me (I could dedicated an entire blog to it) and I have contemplated quitting numerous times but I know it's best for my baby and I will continue to do it for as long as my body & Abbie will let me.
1st day back to work and Abbie's first day of daycare
Abbie has grown so much in the last month. She turned 2 months old on the 16th and goes in for her 2 month check up on the 27th. They start her immunizations and I'm not looking forward to my daughter screaming like a banchee. I need to go out and buy some Baby Tylenol or Motrin this weekend. She is a very happy baby and gives me a smile whenever I ask for it. Last night I got out a mirror so she could see her reflection. It was so cute to watch her look & smile at herself. She loves to shop and usually sleeps the entire hour we are in Walmart every week.
Holding her head up.
Charlie has been adjusting well to fatherhood. He picks her up from daycare everyday around 4 and she is under his care until I get home around 5:15. Our daycare is only 2 houses down and since he doesn't have a car seat base in his car, he just walks down to get her and walks back. Well Abbie is wide awake when they leave Cynthia's house but by the time they get home (probably a 2 min walk) she is sound asleep. There has been numerous times that I have come home to find Abbie still sleeping in her car seat. I was upset at first but Charlie told me that sleeping in her car seat for an hour isn't going to hurt her. Although here lately, she has been awake and ready for her feeding when I get home.
Frank really enjoys his little sister. He gets up with us in the middle of the night for her feedings. He is usually right by her side protecting her. And here we were worried about what he would think of her. Dogs are smart and they sense things when you are pregnant. Frank fell in love with Abbie the day we brought her home and we haven't had to worry at all when he is around her. Odie has always been the loner dog. He spends most of his day & nights laying on the bed or in his kennel. So he could care less that there is another being in the house.

Frank & Abbie snoozing away.
I'm still adjusting to motherhood. It really is a 24/7 job!! I felt like a dairy cow during my maternity leave. It was like I had my boob out for most of the day and didn't do anything else. That is another reason while I like coming to work. I can concentrate on other things besides thinking about when the last time I fed her was. I am still trying to remember back to my life before Abbie came along and jolted my world. I had time to myself where I could sleep all day and night if I wanted and was able to keep my house in order. Now I've learned how to manage my time. I clean my house monthly instead of weekly and do it a little bit at a time while she's napping instead of all at once like I used to. Although the dishes have to be done and kitchen clean before I go to bed every night and laundry has to be done and folded before I go to bed on Sunday. The other stuff will be there when I get to it. Right now Abbie is my 1st responsibility. Sleep comes in a close 2nd.
Well I guess I should bring this blog to an end. I PROMISE to sit down & post a blog on a weekly basis. Time is going way too fast and I really need to keep record of everything as it happens.
No comments:
Post a Comment