Pages

Friday, January 29, 2010

SNOW DAY!!

I had every intention of composing this blog last Friday but never found the time to sit down and write it. I got the photos uploaded but no text. So I have 20 minutes until it is time to feed Abbie and put her to bed. Do you think I can get this posted by then? Oh and I also have Abbie sitting on my lap alert and content. Can she remain happy for the next 20 minutes? We shall see!! FAILURE!! Here I am on day 3 of this post and I think I may succeed in posting it considering that Abbie is passed out in my arms. I don't know how you other moms have time to blog. With working 40 hrs a week, doing household duties at night and on the weekends and taking care of an 11 week old, I'm spent!!

So last Friday we had our 1st snow storm for the year. Our last storm was over Christmas and the snow had finally melted and I was seeing spring around the corner. (Despite Phil seeing his shadow on Tuesday). It started raining and sleeting Thursday night and I was afraid my morning commute would be quite the adventure. You see I'm deathly afraid of driving on ice. Last January, I wrecked my car of 12 years while driving on the ice. Here is a picture of the damage.

I loved that car b/c a) it hardly gave me any mechanical issues and b) it was paid off!! But the time had come for me to say goodbye and upgrade to something a little newer and safer (my AWD Honda Element). So Friday I decided it would probably be best if I just stay home instead of risking it on the ice. Charlie said the roads weren't bad on his way into work but as the day progressed, the snow began to fall and we had quite the mess on our hands. I don't know the actual snow fall but I believe it was around 5-6 inches.
So how did I spend my day off, you ask? In between snuggling with Abbie, I straightened up the house a bit, made a crock pot of chili and a batch of cookies. I have yet to find a good oatmeal cookie recipe. They always come out flat. Although Charlie said they still tasted good.
Well it's bath night. I dread these nights so much. Abbie HATES getting baths. I try to get them done as fast as possible. Then it's off to watch American Idol, feed my girl and head to bed. Gees, it just seems like I just got off work.

No comments:

Post a Comment