Pages

Monday, August 16, 2010

9 Month Check-Up


While my mom was visiting from Nebraska, I scheduled Abbie's nine month check-up.  I can't believe my baby is nine months old!!  I thought this visit wasn't going to be as bad as the others because there was no shots to be administered.  Just a simple finger prick to take some blood to check her blood count.  Well it wasn't just a simple finger prick to Abbie.  She wailed and cried and cried after the poked her finger.   And then they put a Band-aid over her finger and everything would be better, right?  Oh no, then Abbie was determined to get the Band-aid off her finger.  We noticed by the time we got home that it was missing and figured it was somewhere in the car.  Well after drinking a 6 oz bottle and taking a 2 hour nap, she awoke with the Band-aid in her mouth!!  We still don't have any idea how she never swallowed it!!  I guess I am grateful that she didn't choke on it in her sleep!!

Anyway, here are her stats from her doctor visit.
  • Weight: 19 lbs, 4 oz (61%)
  • Length: 30 1/2 in (above 97%-off the charts)
  • Head Circumference: 46 cm (94%)

Before the finger poke.

The doctor used a term that I had never heard before.  He told me that my daughter was very "svelte".  Svelte is an adjective defined as slender or graceful in figure or outline; slim.  I always called her long and lanky but I think I will start using svelte now.  It sounds so much more distinguished!!

I have also come to realize that Abbie has exceeded the length for her car seat.  The maximum length for the one is using now is 29 inches and the maximum weight is 22 lbs.  I would wait to buy her a new car seat until she has reached 22 lbs but I'm sure she will be way too long by then.  She is already mashing her feet into the seat.  So I guess it's off to the store this weekend to find her a bigger car seat.  You know, one of those big ones that stay in the car at all times.  WAHHHHHHH!!!  Someone please tell me how to get my baby to quit growing up so fast!!

No comments:

Post a Comment