Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Did I tell you how much I love my husband??
We have been on vacation this week and it has been extra hard getting Abbie back on her routine. The first night here, she didn't get to bed until 10:30 and that was after we had to put her into bed with us and let her wiggle and fuss herself to sleep. Then last night she drank her milk and was ready to go off onto dreamland until she was awoken by her cousins who were getting ready to leave after having a family dinner that evening. I told Charlie that I would get her to sleep. FAIL!! She squirmed and screamed and cried for a good 30 minutes. Finally Charlie came in and swept her up and it's like she melted in his arms. She instantly stopped crying and soothed herself to sleep on his shoulder. Then he carried her upstairs to our bedroom like he was her knight in shining armor and laid her ever so gently in the pack and play where she slept soundly for the next nine hours. I just sat there in awe. I just don't know how he does it and probably never will. I will just sit back and thank the Lord above that Abbie and I have this man in our life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Isn't that amazing how daddy's do that?! Warren use to do that all the time with Sophia.
ReplyDelete