First of all, the cakes didn't come out of the pan like I expected. We had quite a mess on our hands in getting it look leveled and ready to frost. Then I didn't do the best at frosting the cakes so I had Charlie take over and he did a suburb job!! Well that was until one of the sides decided to not cooperate (as you will see in the picture). I did all of the piping. Charlie wanted to do something fancy but I told him since neither of us have any experience in cake decorating, that we should stick with the simple dot. Although the dots were looking more like Hershey kisses so I had to go back and take off all of the peaks. Then I tried to fix the whoopsie that Charlie encountered. I made it look a little better and tried to cover it up with the piping as well as I could but it's still pretty noticeable.
But for the first time at decorating a cake, I don't think we did too shabby at all!! Who knows. With a little practice, I may just become so good that Duff will hire me to become one of his cake decorators at Charm City Cakes!!
Now it's time to go clean my kitchen. Why can't there be a fairy that comes in and cleans your kitchen while you are sleeping?!?


No comments:
Post a Comment