Pages

Monday, October 26, 2009

36 weeks and still stubborn as hell


36 weeks, can you believe it!?! My baby is almost 6 lbs and still packing on the pounds at a rate of about an ounce a day. Her length is more than 18 1/2 inches, head to heel. But I have a feeling she is going to be a whole lot longer than that considering Charlie is 6'1" and I'm 5'11" and we both have height in our families.

Today was the big day. Too see if my baby girl listened to her mama and would cooperate with the doctor at getting her head down. I went into the hospital around 8:15 to have an external cephalic version performed. It's a fancy way of saying that my doctor will try to coax my baby into the head-down position by manipulating her from the outside of my belly. I was warned that it was going to hurt but HOLY COW...it was painful!! The doctor would get a hold of her head and a hold of her butt and dig into my skin and attempt to turn her. I laid there, gripping onto the bed hoping that it was successful. After about 20-30 minutes the doctor told me that she just couldn't get her butt out of my pelvis. So does that mean that my daughter has some junk in her trunk or is she just stubborn and refuses to move? After talking to my mother-in-law, I was told that little Abigail is stubborn like her Grandpa!! So since the turn was unsuccessful, my hope is that she turns on her own in the next 3 weeks or I will be scheduled for a C Section at 39 weeks. As much as I would like to have my baby's birthday planned so I can have my momma here to see the birth of her granddaughter, I'm not too fond of someone cutting me open to remove my unborn fetus. But if she continues to remain stubborn, I guess that is what will happen. I go in next Monday for my weekly OB appointment and should find out more. But until then I'm going to be in the upside down position as much as I can so Abigail unlodges her butt from my pelvis. Is it possible to ground your daughter before she's even born? I've already told my family to hold off all presents until she is born b/c spoiling the child is not going to make her turn.

Other than my painful experience yesterday, I've been feeling pretty good. My belly is getting bigger and making it harder for me to get up out of bed or off the couch. Charlie & I have narrowed our daycare providers down to two ladies. They both have openings and we just need to meet them and view their houses (happening today & tomorrow) before making our final decision. I have also packed the hospital bag for Abigail and I. The car seat has been installed in the car. Now we just have to find someone to take care of our four legged kids while I'm in the hospital. I told Charlie last night that he could sneak Frank into the hospital in his coat to visit his little sister. Odie may be a little more difficult.

My family is deciding on who is coming down when to help me out with Abigail. Right now my mom has the entire week of Thanksgiving off and she said if she should arrive early via C Section that she will just extend her vacation an extra week. Meredith and her family plan on visiting Wed-Sun over Thanksgiving and Michelle told me yesterday to let her know when the C Section is scheduled and she will see when she can get off work. I think I'm going to have so much help that I won't have to lift a finger. Although eventually they will all have to go back to Nebraska and then it's just Charlie & I to take on this baby. AHHHHHH!!

No comments:

Post a Comment