Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

This week's rambling

It's been a week since my last blog update. Well I've really got no exciting stories to tell these days. Abbie is continuing to grow everyday. She is slobbering like crazy and loves to put her hands in her mouth. She is doing a lot more babbling. I'm still trying to catch it on film. She is also becoming a fan of bath time finally!! It only took three months of blood curdling screams but we are past that now. She will cry a bit when her skin first touches the water but then she gets used to it. We haven't gotten to the point where she LOVES taking a bath by giggling and splashing water. But I don't have to wear earmuffs anymore so that in itself is an improvement. I'm looking forward to the day that she can sit up in the tub and I can put toys in there for her to play and make mohawks with her soaped up hair.

Update on losing my pregnancy weight. Don't hate but I am now 8 lbs away from getting to my pre-pregnancy weight. I really wish the weather would start warming up. I'm so tired of winter as I'm sure the rest of the United States is feeling. I want warmer temperatures so I can break out the stroller and take Abbie for walks. The two walks we have had this year only have lasted 15 minutes because the wind proved to be too chilly. Spring is only four weeks away, I can make it right?

I am also still trying to kick this cold I acquired from Abbie 2 WEEKS AGO!! Seriously?!? I'm feeling a lot better than I was but I still have a sniffle and cough. Have you ever seen the Mucinex commercial with all of the green mucus hanging out in some one's chest. Well I feel like I'm that chest. Maybe I should stock up on some Mucinex so I can kick them out. Right now I'm not taking any meds because I have been warned that decongestants can make a woman's breastmilk dry up. But Mucinex isn't a decongestant so I should be fine.



Charlie & I did some shopping at Home Depot last week. We got a postcard in the mail saying that if we made a $299 or more purchase on our Home Depot card that we would get 12 mos no interest no payments. Well we spent a little more than the $299 that was required. We bought 2 ceiling fans for Abbie's room & our office b/c the one in the office was loud and I wanted a pretty white one for Abbie's room. We moved the one from Abbie's room into the guest room since it only had a light fixture. One of our frequent guests (my Mom) said that there wasn't enough air circulation in that room. And we would like to make sure our guests stay happy so they continue to visit. We also bought lumber so Charlie could build Abbie a dresser. It is something I have been requesting since we had the nursery completed back when I was 25 weeks pregnant. Well now almost 40 weeks later, the materials have been purchased. We also found a design we like on Nebraska Furniture Mart's website. And after looking at the price of this finished dresser, it's about the same price as the materials we bought. But Abbie will know that his dresser was build for her by her daddy. Who can put a price tag on that? I asked him if he could have it done in 4 weeks when my mom comes to visit. But I think that is pushing it so I will be happy if he has a good start on it and you can actually tell it's a dresser. Anyway, here is the design of the dresser we like.


This weekend I am going to go to the Just Between Friends sale that they hold twice a year in Tulsa. It's a big consignment sale of baby & maternity clothes. I went last summer and got a lot of cute winter outfits for Abbie for a decent price. Well now with summer hopefully arriving in a few months, it's time to buy her some summer outfits. I can't wait to play dress up.

I wish I had a new picture of Abbie to upload for this blog but I don't. I did upload her latest monthly growth pic over to the right of this blog that was taken last Tuesday on her 3 month birthday. She is getting so big and is developing such a personality.

No comments:

Post a Comment