Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

What goes around...comes around




From my last blog you know that Abbie has been fighting a nasty cold. Well I finally said enough was enough and made her a doctor's appointment tomorrow morning. Her nose is always congested and her cough is bad. She doesn't have much for an appetite. She drinks 2 oz of her 4 oz bottle and then just plays with it, sticking her tongue out and rejecting it. It takes a good hour to get her to finish it. Then when we try to burp her, she will have a coughing fit and end up throwing up. This morning I had her laying on my legs while I was eating my oatmeal and without any warning (no cough or anything), she just threw up. Almost made me lose my appetite. Charlie thinks her sinuses were draining down the back of her throat and that is what caused it. That is when I decided it was time to call the doctor. They said that since she has had this cough for 4-5 days that it would probably be wise to take her in. They also told me to put a cool mist vaporizer in her room. So I guess I'm going to take this warm mist one back b/c it doesn't seem to be doing any good. There isn't much of a mist coming out.

And with all of Abbie's sneezing and coughing, I have caught her cold. It's kind of hard to tell your 2 mo old daughter to cover her mouth. So now I'm the one coughing right along with Abbie and my throat feels like it's on fire. And having a cold as a mom sucks ten times worse. Before I became a mother, I would take whatever I could to make it go away, drink plenty of fluids and sleep as much as I could. I can't do that now b/c a) I am nursing so my meds are limited & b) I have a daughter that requires my attention so I can't just crawl under the covers and sleep until morning. I put a call into my doctor to see what I can take since I'm nursing. I have a list of meds I could take when I was pregnant but I'm not sure there is more I can take now. So until they call me back...I guess I will keep sucking on Halls cough drops like they are candy and continue to hack up my lungs.

The plus side to having this cold...a sexy, raspy cold voice. Although I don't think it will do me any good in the bedroom once Charlie hears me barking like a dog. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment