- Running Late. Ever since high school, I have been horrible about being anywhere on time. If I'm early to something, there is definitely a problem. I am pretty lucky to have a job that is pretty flexible. I always make sure if I come into work 10 minutes late that I work 10 minutes later. It annoys the hell out of Charlie. He was late to work last year and it had been the first time he was late in 10 years. It's sickening. We are so opposite. He has learned to sit around until he hears me walking out the door. I can tell him that we will head out to Wal-Mart in 10 minutes and finally 20 minutes later, I'm ready to go.
- Non Confrontational. I avoid confrontation at all costs. If someone puts onions on my burger when I specifically said no onions, I will pick them off before I confront the waitress. I'm a happy person and don't like to argue. There has been many times where I wish I could speak my mind but I coward down and run down in my rabbit hole.
- My body. Don't we all wish we could change our bodies? And a lot of it you can change. If you have a muffin top, you can diet and exercise and hopefully lose it. But there isn't much you can do with long legs/long arms/long fingers/long feet/etc. I mean Bobby Brady hug from the swingset to get taller. There should be something to do that makes you shorter. There are times that I wish I could wear average size clothes. I am a size 12 but it's a 12 LONG. Well almost a size 12, still have these last 10 lbs of baby weight that are a killer to lose. I bought a pair of jeans with a 34 inch inseam at Old Navy that were long and ended up shrinking on me. Now I need to start buying extra long jeans. And the only place that I find who carries 35 inch inseam is Vanity and Old Navy Online. And there isn't a big selection in the extra long jeans. I need to start my own tall girl store. I mean they have Big & Tall for men. Why not women? And then there is the skis I wear for shoes. I wear a size 11 and that is almost pushing it. It's not like they make a size 11 1/2. I refuse to wear a size 12. It's hard enough to find shoes in a size 11. Here is how I go shopping for shoes. Instead of looking at the shoes on display, I go through the boxes below and find a box in a size 11. Then I open it and decide if it is something I would wear. And why are shoes in size 6 a whole lot cuter than the same shoe in a size 11. Oh yea, that's because it's half the size!! And I feel so guilty when I look at my daughter. She may look like her father but she has her momma's long fingers, long toes and at her 2 month pediatrician appt, she was in the 97th percentile for her length. Hopefully she is athletic unlike her mother b/c there is nothing like being tall and having this question from people, "I bet you were great at basketball back in high school!!" Nope, because along with being non confrontational, I am not aggressive either.
So those are the 3 things I would like to change about myself. I could probably list a dozen more but why would I bore you any further? So what is something you would change about yourself?
No comments:
Post a Comment