So last night Charlie & I are watching our Monday night shows on CBS that we had DVR'ed while I'm trying to get my daughter to sleep.
Megan: "Do you hear that?"
Charlie: "What is that?"
Megan: "It sounds like it's coming from the humidifier."
Charlie: "I'll look at it before I go to bed."
Well I went to bed before Charlie. I had been laying there for about 20 minutes and realized that Charlie had turned the TV off. So I walk out into the living room to see that Charlie had pulled our big humidifier out from the wall and was standing behind it sopping water out of the carpet with about every old towel we had. I guess our humidifier had been leaking. We don't know exactly how long it had been leaking but long enough to soak the floor underneath it. Charlie used five large bath towels to soak it up and it was still wet this morning. And this isn't the first time we have had this problem. About a month ago, the smaller humidifier that was in Abbie's room leaked all over the glass door bookshelf it was sitting on causing major water damage and also soaked the carpet around it. I think it took us all weekend to get it dry. I still worry that there is mold growing under the carpet and will make my child sick.
It was time to buy a new humidifier. We bought this humidifier used 10 years ago when we lived in Norfolk. I hope we can find another full size humidifier on clearance. I'm so ready for this dry weather to end so I don't have to deal with leaky humidifiers!!
No comments:
Post a Comment