
So I had no doubt that he could build his daughter a dresser. Remember this post back in February. Well after buying the supplies and drafting up the dimensions, Charlie spent every week night and every weekend during the month of March out in the garage working on Abbie's dresser. His goal was to get it built by the time my mom came to visit for my birthday on the 24th which he did. He was staining and varnishing during my mom's visit. It was moved into Abbie's room before the end of March.

Besides deciding on the perfect color of stain, the major headache of it all was the hardware. We looked high in low for the exact hardware. We wanted it to be similar to the ones in the pictures of the dresser that we modeled it after. Well we found what we liked at Home Depot but you had to special order it because of the size...which was going to be $17 a handle!! Uh, on to plan B. So we start looking online and found a website that had the same exact handles for half the cost. I think total we spent $60 for all of the hardware and that included buying a couple spares in case one may break in the future. So now we waited...and waited...and waited for the hardware to arrive. It was on back order for at least six weeks. Finally they arrived!! I was so excited to have them installed!! I no longer was going to have to grab on to the bottom of the drawer to open it. Finally after 2 months of patience & hard work...it was complete!!
I present to you Abbie's dresser made with love by her Daddy...



I think he did a beautiful job. Hopefully Abbie appreciates all of the hard work that her daddy put into this some day. It truly is a labor of love.
Now I think it's time that he starts building our bedroom set...
No comments:
Post a Comment