Another month has past. My daughter is 16 months old. Pretty soon she will be 16 years old. Going on her first date, starting her first job, cruising main. What? Kids don't cruise main anymore? I remember the days of "cruising main". I would put $5 worth of gas in 1979 Cutlass Supreme. Back in 1995, that would get you far at $1.29/gallon. Then my friends & I would load up, roll down the windows and crank up Coolio's, Fantastic Voyage and take a ride down the same stretch of road all night until it was time to head home so I could be in the house before my curfew.
Ahhh, those where the days. I can't even imagine what Abbie will be entertaining herself with when she is 16 years old. How about we just sit back and enjoy this month's edition of Two and a Half Minutes with Abbie and pretend that she stays 16 months forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment